"Dixie cup" redirects here. For the type of naval headgear, see Sailor cap. For the band, see The Dixie Cups.
Dixie Cup Company, Easton, Pennsylvania
In 1957, Dixie merged with the American Can Company. The James River Corporation purchased American Can's paper business in 1982. The assets of James River are now part of Georgia-Pacific, a subsidiary of Koch Industries, the second largest privately owned company in the United States. In 1983, production moved to a modern factory in Forks, Pennsylvania. The original factory in Wilson has sat vacant ever since. The closing of the factory also prompted Conrail to abandon the Easton & Northern railroad branch, of which Dixie Cups was the last major customer.
In 1969, the Dixie Cup logo was created by Saul Bass, a graphic designer known for his motion picture title sequences.
The coupon collector's problem is sometimes called the Dixie cup problem.